Lifelines Photic Stimulator
Lightweight, Versatile, Easy-to-Use
The Lifelines Photic Stimulator combines the brightness of a Xenon flash with the utility and ease-of-use of an LED device. The Photic has an equivalent lamp shape and brightness to previous, class-leading products, but is smaller, more lightweight, and more energy-efficient by utilizing state-of-the-art LED technology.
Unlike Xenon tube lamps, the Lifelines Photic is less expensive, generates no heat or noise artifact, and is easy to mount and use.
The Lifelines Photic was the focus of a paper published in the Journal of the Association of Neurophysiological Scientists, which found that the lamp was as sensitive in photosensitivity detection as a Xenon strobe while providing considerable benefits.*
* Journal of the Association of Neurophysiological Scientists (JANS), Volume 9, Number 2 (2016) for the full article, Clinical Application of a New Strobe Lamp in Identifying Photosensitivity in Patients Referred to the Birmingham Children’s Hospital for EEG Testing, written by Bryony Carr.
Ideal for photic activation during EEG studies
Lifelines Photic Stimulators are designed for clinicians and researchers to use in ambulatory, laboratory, hospital, and physician offices and provide a wide range of EEG support for adult and pediatric patients.
- Superior LED brightness
- Compatible with most current and legacy EEG systems
- Small, light, and self-contained
Features & Benefits
- Superior luminance
- Compact package
- Efficient operation
- Equivalent lamp shape and brightness to industry-standard photic lamps
- Small, light, and self-contained, which makes it easier to mount the unit on an arm for easy positioning
- Efficient due to the use of modern LEDs—uses low voltage DC or USB as a power source
- Noise-free, less distraction to the patient, technician, and physician
- No safety hazards due to no heat production and low power consumption
- Standard-USB connection and compatible with many current and legacy EEG systems.