Production and Technical Support Technician
|Location:||Troy, IL (Metro St. Louis)|
|Department:||Clinical Applications and Support|
|Position:||Production and Technical Support Technician|
|Education Level:||High School or equivalent|
|Experience Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Perform equipment setup, operation, equipment adjustments, and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality, and efficiency. Provide excellent customer support via phone and email for customers in the field using Lifelines equipment.
· Maintain, and manage production schedule for assigned products
· Evaluate performance of products and report faults and make suggestions for improvement to Project or Product Manager
· Ensuring required production materials are in stock to complete production schedule for next 90 days
· Handle technical customer support cases through phone and email submission.
· Perform regular maintenance on existing stock and customer returns
· Adhere to quality standards to ensure appropriate QMS compliance
· Achieve customer satisfaction through collecting relevant data and identifying solutions and appropriate course of action.
· Think fast to find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner
· Perform software, and system installations for customers remotely and in person when requested
· Participate in on call rotations with technical support staff
Performs other duties when requested, directed or assigned
· Education and Training: Degree in mechanical/electrical engineering, or three years previous experience in a manufacturing/production environment
· Leadership Skills: Must be able to organize and direct the activities of other production members to ensure accurate and timely production of finished goods
· Communication Skills: Must be well versed in effectively interacting with clients to identify and process their requests
· Customer Service Skills: Ability to courteously interact with clients, and remain flexible to ensure positive customer experience, proven ability to interface with medical and technical professionals
· Organizational Skills: Ability to concentrate on multiple problems at once, and have strong time management and prioritization skills, ability to adapt to changing requirements, deadlines and priorities
· Technical Skills: Thorough understanding of computer, software, and hardware with the ability to understand and explain technical problems and solutions to colleagues and customer.
· Work Environment: This is required to work on site, be able to maintain a stationary position at least 75% of the time, Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, and printer.