Neonatal brain monitoring made easy. Quick and accurate non-invasive application. Safe and comfortable for baby.
Incereb neon is an FDA-approved device that addresses difficulties of neonatal brain monitoring in the NICU.
Neonatal brain monitoring is traditionally performed by an EEG tech with training in head measurement and electrode application. The Incereb neon was created by an EEG technologist who has simplified electrode application into an innovative single electrode array.
Now, with minimal training, nursing staff can align the central reference lead to the baby’s scalp, and confidently know that all other electrodes will be symmetrically placed as the electrode is gently pressed against the baby’s scalp; the baby has minimal, if any, discomfort.
The Incereb neon electrodes are pre-pasted and are available in two sizes, with either six or ten recording electrodes, plus Cz reference and ground. Reusable interface cables are available to connect the neon to EEG machines equipped with either 1.5mm touch-proof or D-type connectors.
The Incereb neon8 and neon12 are designated as a Vizient Innovative Technology Product. Innovative Technology contracts are reserved for technologies that demonstrate an ability to enhance clinical care or patient safety, and those that improve an organization’s care delivery and business model.
Features and Benefits
- Simple to learn – quick application for nurses and bedside staff when EEG techs are not available, or as a bridge to start neonatal brain monitoring until a tech arrives
- Precise symmetry for intra-hemisphere data comparison
- Uses a gentle conductive gold-standard conductive paste that is well-tolerated on delicate skin
- Clean, sleek design; less frightening to parents
- Each package includes skin-prepping gel to lower impedance
- Compatible with all main brands of EEG, CFM, and Amplitude Integrated EEG systems
- Non-sterile and single use only, so do not re-use or share with other infants due to the risk of adverse skin reactions and disease transmission
- Daily maintenance and skin inspection recommended every 12 hours
- Not to be used for electrical stimulation
- Restricted by US federal law to sale by or on the order of a physician
Electrodes should only be applied to normal, clean, intact, healthy skin. The neon uses industry-standard electrode materials. However, the very nature of newborn infant skin means that there may be some adverse reaction at the electrode sites. Thus, it is recommended the electrode sites are inspected for any signs of skin reaction every 12 hours.
- Amplifier interface cable with 1.5mm "touch proof" termination: TF04-MBS08
- Amplifier interface cable with 25-way "D type" termination: TF04-MBS09